For Christian Scientists, the Holy Bible together with the Christian Science text book, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy, serve as our church pastor. Check back often for fresh and timely inspiration and guidance from these books.
John calling unto him two of his disciples sent them to Jesus, saying, Art thou he that should come? or look we for another? When the men were come unto him, they said, John Baptist hath sent us unto thee, saying, Art thou he that should come? or look we for another?
Science & Health
Jesus sent a message to John the Baptist, which was in tended to prove beyond a question that the Christ had come: “Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.”
Hillsboro Reading Room
321 E. Main Street
Hillsboro, OR 97123
M, W, F, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Did you know you can purchase Christian Science literature 24/7? You can either order directly from the christianscience.com website and pay for your order to be delivered to your home OR select products and order them by email or phone from our Washington County Reading Room, then pick them up without paying a delivery charge by following the steps listed below:
Purchase Christian Science Reading Room products
- Visit http://christianscience.buysub.com/ to identify the products you would like to pick up at our local Reading Room, free of delivery charges.
- To place an order by email, include a list of the items, identifying for each the full title and description as displayed in blue print.
- As an alternative, for a long order list, feel free to use the alternative order preparation below:
- Fill a shopping cart with your purchase selections, but do not complete the transaction.
- Save a screen-shot onto your computer of the full shopping cart page.
- Attach the saved screen-shot to an email addressed to us at BeavertonRR@ChristianScienceBeaverton.com
- You will then receive an order confirmation with the estimated time of delivery at our Hillsboro Reading Room.
- Payment for the purchase price only, free of any shipping or handling charges, is due on pickup.
- Feel free to call us for help with preparing any order.
A selection of Christian Science literature is also available before or after services at our church on 9th street in Beaverton.
Purchase products for direct download
A sample of available products
Holy Bible, King James Version – Sterling Edition (Paperback, thumb-tab indexed)
Praised as “the noblest monument in English prose,” the King James Version is deeply respected by millions around the globe.
Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures – Sterling Edition (Paperback)
The Christian Science textbook, Mary Baker Eddy’s primary work.
A World More Bright, The Life of Mary Baker Eddy by Isabel Ferguson and Heather Vogel Frederick
Rich in historical context and brimming with lively detail, A World More Bright offers an engaging portrait of this bold Christian pioneer and her undaunted search for truth. This compelling biography, while written for young adults, will appeal to any reader seeking an accessible introduction to Mary Baker Eddy and her remarkable life.
Anthology of Classic Articles
This book is a wonderful compilation of 46 well-loved articles previously published between 1908-1981 in the Christian Science Sentinel and The Christian Science Journal.